BUCS Play allows you to set a Captain for a particular team to administer fixtures, enter results and submit team sheets for that given team. As well as a student, this could be a coach or manager.
Please ensure the Captains have already registered on BUCS Play and joined the relevant Sport Community (e.g. Rugby Union 22-23) as they will not be selectable as a Captain if they are not a Member of the Sport Community.
N.B. If the Captain is a participating member of the team, they will need to join the team in order to be added to the squad. For more information on how to do this, please click here.
Once the Captain has joined the Sport Community, you can set them up by following these steps:
1. Navigate to the relevant Sport Community.
2. Find the relevant team using the 'Find Teams' search and click the tile of the Team in question.
The Team Hub will pop up which will allow you to 'Select your Captains'.
3. Click on the pencil icon next to 'Select your Captains'.
4. Type in the Captain's name and click the Search icon to find them.
6. Tick the checkbox next to their name and use the left arrow to move them into the Captain role.
To remove a Captain, tick the checkbox next to their name and click the right arrow to move them out.
Pro Tip: The best course of action is to get all of your Captains to register and join the Sport Community first, then it is very easy for you to simply find the team and add them as a Captain.
Changing captains can be done by an Institution Administrator or by a Captain in the same way as seen above. Captains will only be able to add additional Captains to their own team.