There are four main role types and levels of access on BUCS Play:
1. Admins (someone who has overall control of a Sport Community or the entire BUCS Play platform, such as BUCS staff)
2. Institution Administrators (someone who has control of an entire institution and all its teams. Access can be granted across the entire BUCS Play platform or only in a specific Sport Community)
3. Captains (someone who is able to control one or a number of teams; e.g. a team's coach, manager or captain)
4. Members (all other BUCS Play users without any administrative access, e.g. participants, parents, supporters)
* Team Support (please do not utilise the Team Support role for the time being)
Role types cannot be attained without some form of approval from the above role type. For example, a Captain cannot make themselves a Captain without an Admin/Institution Administrator granting access. Further, a player cannot move themselves into a team/squad without the approval of a Captain or Institution Administrator.
What can each of these roles do?
Admins: BUCS Staff
Admins will have complete control of all Sport Communities that they are an Admin of. They will be able to create and manage leagues, knockouts, fixtures and events.
Institution Administrators: AU Admins/Sport Administrators and on occasion coaches
Institution Administrators (IAs) have control over their institution for all Sport Communities that they are given access to. One can be set up with IA access across all Sport Communities (AU Admins/Sport Administrators) or in specific Sport Communities (e.g. a Hockey Head of Performance only with access in the Hockey Sport Community). Here is a non exhaustive list of some of the abilities this role has:
- Enter Teams into Leagues and Knockouts
- Accept entries into Teams and Events (including setting guaranteed and non-guaranteed places)
- Set up Captains
- Set up others as IAs
- Enter Results
- Approve Results
- Manage Fixtures (set dates, times, venues and raise Fixture Change Requests)
Captains: Captains, Managers and Coaches
Students do not always have to be in the Captain role, you can set up a coach as the Captain. It is up to the institution as to who they believe this role should be filled by to administer the team. Below are some of the tasks this role can complete:
- Move players in and out of squads (from the applied and eligible sections)
- Select Team sheets
- Approve/dispute opposition Team Sheets
- Enter Results (to be approved by the IA)
- In LUSL, Captains are also able to manage fixtures (set dates, times, venues and raise Fixture Change Requests)
Members: Participants, Students, Parents & Friends
Members can be a range of individuals, essentially all users without administrative access. They can apply to enter events and apply to enter teams but they will not be able to put themselves directly into a Team/Squad. Members can also be parents, friends and supporters who want to view fixtures, leagues, knockouts and events.