It is the responsibility of Captains and Institution Administrators (IAs) to select their team sheets for each match on BUCS Play, ensuring all participating players are selected in the team sheet in accordance with BUCS REG 11.
This can be done on the desktop version by following the below steps:
(Click here for the help guide on how to complete this on the app)
1. Login to BUCS Play at bucs.playwaze.com (only accessible on a PC, not a mobile web browser)
2. Click on the relevant Sport Community (e.g. Badminton 21-22)
3. Find the Teams tile and search for your team from the list
4. Click on your Team, which will open up the Team Hub
3. Click Calendar (indicated in the above screenshot)
4. The dates highlighted in blue are match days where your team has a fixture scheduled. Click on the relevant date (in blue) to access the Team Sheet for this match day.
5. Below the calendar you will notice a number of different player statuses: Pending, Available, Unavailable, Selected and Reserve.
To select players into the team sheet, the Captain/IA must move all participating players from Pending and Available into the Selected section.
To do this, click on the Pending tab, then tick the player(s) you wish to add to the team sheet and click Select (you can select multiple players at once). Repeat this process for the Available section if there are participants listed in Available.
Once in the Selected section, you have successfully selected these players in the team sheet for this match. There is no further step to submit.
Read more on the Pending, Available, Unavailable and Selected sections at the bottom of this page.
7. If you need to remove a player from the team sheet, you will follow a similar process. Click on the Selected section, tick the checkbox next to their name and click Unselect.
8. If you have selected your team sheet correctly, the match day team sheet can now be found against the fixture (click on the Result button of the relevant fixture). If the opposition has selected their team sheet you will also be able to view it here by clicking on the tab of the opposition team.
By default each player in your team will start in the Pending category awaiting their response to if they are Available for the match. They will be prompted to set their availability through time related triggers which you can set for your team (located via the Actions button at the top of the calendar).
Available vs Unavailable:
Each player can set their availability per fixture as Available or Unavailable. If they have not responded, do not worry, you are still able to select players into your team sheet from the Pending category.
Only Captains/IAs can move players into the Selected section, which is the status of being selected in the team sheet to participate in the fixture. Once the Captain/IA moves players to Selected, they are selected in the team sheet for this match; there is no further step to submit.
Each sport/league/knockout has a maximum number of players available to be selected in a team sheet according to the relevant rules and regulations (e.g. 16 for football). If more players have been added to the Selected category than this maximum, the players in excess will be placed into Selected/Reserve on a first-come, first-served basis. However, as a Captain/IA you can move players from Selected to Reserve and vice versa.