BUCS Play allows IAs to set captains for a particular event team to administer the squad for that given team. As well as a student, this could be a coach or manager.
Please ensure the captains have already registered on BUCS Play and joined the relevant sport community (e.g. Lacrosse 22-23) as they will not be selectable as a captain if they are not a member of the sport community.
N.B. If the Captain is a participating member of the team, they will need to join the team in order to be added to the squad. For more information on how to do this, please click here.
How to set up captains when entering event teams
1. Join/Enter the sport community of the event you wish to enter.
2. Find the events tile and select the event from the list (if you cannot find your event, entries may not yet be open. To find the full list of events and entry information Click Here).
3. Find the relevant Competition/Discipline (e.g. Swimming: Short Course Championships Mixed 4x50m Relay) and click Enter.
4. Enter your Team Category (Institution), Team Type (Competition) and Amount (Number of Teams) and click Enter new Teams.
6. At this point you can select your Captain for each Team. When you have done this, click Continue.
7. Finally Confirm your Teams.
How to set up/change captains when teams are created
Once you have entered the event teams and the Captain has joined the Sport Community, you can set them up or change them by following these steps:
1. Navigate to the relevant Sport Community.
2. Find the relevant team using the 'Find Teams' search within the event team section and click the tile of the Event Team in question.
The Team Hub will pop up which will allow you to 'Select your Captains'.
3. Click on the pencil icon next to 'Select your Captains'.
4. Type in the Captain's name and click the Search icon to find them.
6. Tick the check box next to their name and use the left arrow to move them into the Captain role.
To remove a Captain, tick the checkbox next to their name and click the right arrow to move them out.
Pro Tip: The best course of action is to get all of your Captains to register and join the Sport Community first, then it is very easy for you to simply find the team and add them as a Captain.
Changing captains can be done by an Institution Administrator or by a Captain in the same way as seen above. Captains will only be able to add additional Captains to their own team.